School is back in action! Students might be more or less excited about getting back into the school grind, but there are some things students and parents can do to set students up for success this school year:
- Get organized: Label your binder dividers or have a folder for each class to stay organized throughout the year.
- Summer reading: Did you have a summer reading assignment? Don’t forget to buckle down and finish those books and any outstanding assignments!
- Determine your extracurricular activities: Explore all extracurricular activities offered by the school and community. Whether it's sports or volunteering locally, find something you're passionate about and pursue it.
- Search for part-time jobs: Have room in your schedule for a job this year? Search for jobs in your area and apply! You can use your service experience on your resume and job applications!
- Log your summer service hours in x2VOL: If you volunteered in your community this summer, be sure to log your volunteer hours in x2VOL so you can receive credit toward your goals.
- Order an Official Service Transcript™: Are you applying for college or a part-time job this fall? After your log your summer hours, order an Official Service Transcript™ through your x2VOL account that you can send directly to college admissions officers. It includes your service experience and reflections.
With these tips, students will certainly start the new school year off on the right foot! Don't forget to keep serving your community throughout the school year. When you're finished with each opportunity, be sure to log your hours in x2VOL and write a meaningful reflection on what you learned.