Are you looking for a community service opportunity that is a little bit more out of the box? Check out this list of community service ideas you can participate in to benefit others this fall and winter during the holidays.
There are so many needs in the community and so many different ways that you can benefit other people as we go into the holiday season.
- Cook a warm meal for a family in need in your community.
- Serve apple cider and hot chocolate at a homeless shelter near you.
- Volunteer to host an ornament making class at your local Boys and Girls Club.
- Collect blankets from your school, church and/or community and bring them to a homeless shelter.
- Assist a disabled person in your community by setting up a holiday tree or stringing festive lights around their home.
- Visit your local veterans service organization and offer to host a game night or holiday movie night.
- Get a group of friends together and sing Christmas carols for those that are hospitalized and can't go home for the holidays.
- Bring some holiday cheer to your local senior center by dressing up your pet in a Christmas sweater and visit a senior center for petting time!
Regardless of how you choose to serve, there is no time better than the holidays to show some extra love and cheer to those in need in your community.
Does your school have x2VOL? Be sure to log your service hours and write reflections to make progress toward your service goals. Does your school not have x2VOL? Don't worry! You can still log hours toward a goal with x2VOL+, an individual account. Signing up is easy and you can start tracking your service in no time.