Are you serving in your community during high school? Or are you a school leader has students completing service hours?
Don't miss out on the chance to be recognized with The President's Volunteer Service Award! We have outlined everything you need to know about the award, what it means to receive the award, and how to go about applying. Share it with your fellow classmates or share it with your students! This is an awesome opportunity for all of the students that are active in serving their community.
What is The President's Volunteer Service Award?
“The President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) recognizes United States citizens and lawfully admitted, permanent residents of the United States who have achieved the required number of hours of service over a 12-month time period or cumulative hours over the course of a lifetime.” (presidentialserviceawards.gov)
How Can Students Apply for the Award?
- Track their service hours with x2VOL.
- Set-up a profile in the PVSA site and enter their hours.
- Submit a record of service to a registered certifying organization, which will verify the hours. If the organization the student worked with is not an approved certifying organization, invite them to apply here.
Why Should Students Apply for the Award?
- Recipients of The President's Volunteer Service Award stand out among their peers.
- Students can include this award on their college and scholarship applications as well as their resume.
- Students demonstrate their commitment, maturity, and showcase how they also strive to grow as individuals.
How Many Hours Do Students Need to Serve?
Teens (age 11-15)
- Bronze Award: 50 - 74 hours
- Silver Award: 75 - 99 hours
- Gold Award: 100 + hours
Young Adults (age 16-25)
- Bronze Award: 100 - 174 hours
- Silver Award: 175 - 249 hours
- Gold Award: 250+ hours
How x2VOL Works with The President's Volunteer Service Award
Whether it's a graduation requirement or something admins encourage of their students, students can use x2VOL to track hours toward The President's Volunteer Service Award. In x2VOL, admins can set up custom goals for students, so they can track hours directly toward the award and see the impact they have on their community.
F.A.Q - x2VOL + PVSA
- Is x2VOL a certifying organization? No. You can learn more about certifying organizations via the PVSA website or students can invite organizations to become a certified organization.
- Does x2VOL submit hours to The President's Volunteer Service Award? No. Students track their hours via x2VOL, then re-enter their service hours via the PVSA website by following the "How to Apply" instructions above.
Do you want to use x2VOL to help your students track hours toward The President's Volunteer Service Award and other goals? Click below to request custom pricing for your school and start using x2VOL to track student service easily and online.