During COVID-19, volunteerism and serving others around you has never been so important. Even though, students across the country are spending their time indoors and practicing social distancing, they are getting creative with ways to continue to serve others who are in need during this pandemic.
In case you missed it, we shared our top 10 service ideas students can do from home. You can check out that post here. However, as students are continuing to learn and serve from home, administrators are encouraging students to think of out of the box ways to serve others and spread positivity during this time.
Here are some unique ways x2VOL students are serving right now and ways your students can serve too:
- Bilingual students are hosting online language lessons for others who want to learn a new language.
- Students gifted in a particular instrument are creating how to videos or are doing virtual music lessons.
- Many students are joining the cause to protect their communities by sewing face masks.
- Other students are providing comfort to those who are isolated and alone by writing them letters of encouragement.
- While students of all ages are learning from home, many high school students are doing virtual tutoring lessons with elementary or middle school students.
- Students are getting creative with art - some are creating messages of encouragement and taping it to their windows for passerby to see. Others are utilizing chalk to write positive messages on the concrete for those going on walks.
- Technology savvy students are connecting with elderly individuals to teach them computer and software skills allowing them to do video calls with their families.
How are your students responding and serving during the COVID-19 pandemic? Comment below!
During COVID-19, there are a plethora of opportunities for students to reflect on their experiences and grow as individuals. With x2VOL, you are able to capture the social-emotional development of students as they serve and assist them in growing from their experiences.
Whether your students are serving now or are volunteering throughout the year, be sure you have a way to track, report, and help students grow through service. Watch our x2VOL demo to see how you can engage your students in meaningful service with the help of x2VOL.